Sunday, October 2, 2011

We need.


Waking Life – the movie

“What is frustration? What is anger? Or Love?
When I say love, the sound comes out of my mouth and hits the other persons ear, travels through this Byzantine conduit in their brain… and through their memories of love, or lack of love , they register what I am saying, and they say yes they understand. But how do I know they understand? Because words are inert. They are just symbols. They are dead. You know? And so much of our experience is intangible. So much of what we perceive cannot be expressed. It is unspeakable. And yet, when we communicate with one another and we feel that we have connected…  and we think that we’re understood… I think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion and that feeling might be transient. But I think it’s what we live for. “

 Straight Man – the book

“Which is why we have spouses and children and parents and colleagues and friends, because someone has to know us better than we know ourselves. We need them to tell us. We need them to say, “ I know you, Al. You’re not the kind of man who.””

[Me.
...and my shadow]

No comments: